Admins can control conference settings for an entire team. It takes just a few clicks to customize the Dialpad Meetings experience on behalf of all team members, and there are some options that let each user choose exactly how they want to take advantage of Dialpad Meetings' features.
To get started, open the Team menu from the Dialpad Meetings dashboard and scroll to the Team Settings section.
You'll discover a list of options to enable, disable, or customize. Dialpad Meetings will transfer any modifications to team members, and some options may require them to take additional action in order to complete setup.
Let's take a look at what you can control and customize in Dialpad Meetings.
Require Conference PIN Numbers
- Allow team members to set: Users will decide whether or not a conference PIN number is required
- Require PIN for all conferences: Users will be required to have a conference PIN number
- Don't require PIN for all conferences: Users will not be required to have a conference PIN number
Conference PIN numbers are not required on Dialpad Meetings, but Admins can enable them for all conferences or let team members choose to opt-in.
Require Organizer to Start Call
- Allow team members to set: Users will decide whether or not the organizer is required for the call to start
- Place callers on hold until organizer joins: Users will automatically have participants placed on hold until the organizer joins the call
- Allow conferences to begin without the organizer: Users will automatically have the call begin with participants without the organized joining
Admins can set all calls to start when the organizer joins or as soon as multiple participants are present. Team members can set this for their own accounts if the Admin allows.
Set Hold Music
Hold music plays before a call begins. Admins can choose among a variety of sounds, including Dialpad Meetings' popular "I'm On Hold" track.
Dialpad Meetings will accept custom hold music, too. Click the 'Upload audio file' button and select the file from your device. It must be an MP3 file and no larger than 10MB in size.
Admins can set the hold music for all calls, or they can allow team members to choose.
Set Custom Greeting
Choose what participants hear when joining your team members' meetings. Admins can choose between these options:
- Joining conference now (default): Dialpad Meetings' standard recording will play as the custom greeting for all team members
- Allow team members to set: Team members can choose Dialpad Meetings' standard recording or upload an audio file to serve as the custom greeting
- Upload audio file: Use a custom audio file to apply as the custom greeting for all team members
To set a custom greeting, select the Team icon from the Dialpad Meetings dashboard and go to the Team Settings section. Scroll to Custom Greeting and choose which type you'd like to play.
Admins can upload as many customized greetings as they’d like, but it must be an MP3 file and no larger than 10MB in size.
Set Buzzword Bingo
Buzzword Bingo is a built-in minigame. It distributes a bingo card with business jargon to each participant, and participants mark off a term or phrase as soon as it's uttered during the call. Participants do not see others' bingo cards and final results, however.
Admins can choose to enable, disable, or let team members decide to use Buzzword Bingo.
Require Google Single Sign-On (SSO)
Admins can enable Google Single Sign-On (SSO) for team members. Users will be required to sign in (or sign up) through Google SSO to access their Dialpad Meetings account.
Allow Team Members to Record Calls
Admins can allow team members to record their calls, generating a recording available only to the organizer after the call finishes.
Allow In-Call Chat
Admins can allow team members to chat during calls. Chats are only viewable by the organizer and participants who join.
Allow Video Calls
Admins can allow video calls on Dialpad Meetings or limit team members to audio-only communication.
When enabled, users can still select how they want to join their calls, with video or without video. When disabled, users will not have the option to turn on video and will be limited to audio.
Allow Custom Action Items
Admins can allow custom action items, which let the organizer and participants create and assign notes during an active call.
Admins can allow co-hosts, which are Participants with Organizer privileges in conferences.
Co-hosts are able to control audio recording, Voice Intelligence, conference lock, meeting title, mute, and Participant removal.
Allow Voice Intelligence
Admins can enable Voice Intelligence (or 'Vi'), but team members also have the option to turn it on or off.
Set Custom Logo
Admins have the option to upload their Company logo to display on their team’s conference dashboard and active conference screen. Here’s how:
To set a custom logo, select the Team icon from the Dialpad Meetings dashboard and go to the Team Settings section. Scroll to Custom Logo and click Choose File to upload the logo.
Admins will only be able to upload one logo per team account. Other restrictions to keep in mind are:
- File max. Dimensions are H 30px / W 150px
- File can’t be larger than 10MB
- File must be .png, .jpg., or .jpeg
You'll see the company logo on the web, but Dialpad Meetings' logo will continue to appear on mobile apps.